Tuesday 1 October 2013

Coffee




I remember long back, once I had taken filter coffee, and of course it was too strong, and I did not like its taste at all. Since then I never had it. Many people used to ask me and wonder that I don’t drink coffee. Many tried to tell me many things but I never tried. They told, sometimes coffee is strong so don’t hate it, drink mild coffee. But No was No. The only thing left was tea, and I was surviving on it. I used to tell my friends drink tea instead of coffee as I was and am a fan of Tea.


After many years, when I got married I came to know that my wife Sonia is a huge fan of coffee. Oh! Certainly that was a surprise to me, and yes a certain surprise for her too when she knew, that I don’t like coffee at all. Unfortunately, after that, whenever she had coffee, I could never share with her. One day we were shopping almost the whole day, and by the end of the day I was extremely tired, and I told my wife that I need to have some tea or anything, and refresh myself. There was a coffee shop nearby, and nothing else. She smilingly said, “There is only a coffee shop and you don’t drink coffee. What you want to do”. I was not at all in the mood to do anything but only to have either tea or ...coffee will also do. I entered the shop and ordered a very mild coffee, and drank it in one go.


Ah! Now began a new day and a new taste for me. After that day, coffee has been my favourite drink. Now I drink coffee everyday along with my wife, and enjoy it the most. It is the gift that my wife has given me.
Coffee, Coffee, oh! its Coffee
Have a full cup of Coffee,

Sometimes mild, sometimes strong
Oh! Its taste lasts for long
Sometimes hot sometimes cold
It tastes wonderful, its told.

Coffee, Coffee, Oh! its Coffee,
Nothing is as good as thee!!
Hadn’t she taken me to shopping that day; I would have never learnt to drink coffee and realised its immense mesmerising taste.
I love you Sonia!!

No comments:

Post a Comment