Thursday 31 October 2013

Nokia Loyalist - Andriod Supporter - GenNext speaks differently

I was speaking to a friend and colleague of mine in office and since these smart phones have come out now, and earlier there were only one-feature phones [only for speaking, and sometimes for sending sms] , nowadays smart phones have their own features and along with that their own lingo, that today's nextGen people can only understand.

Earlier i would only use the phone for speaking and while sending sms, and if i had to tell some friend of mine, that i have sent sms, so i use to use this term only, that sent you sms, and please read it. But today's generation , they say, i text you, please text me back. When i heard this from a friend of mine, who is not technical, i was really surprised to hear such words. For first instance i did not understand what she is saying.

Another friend of mine in office, Shashank Shastri, who told me while we were talking, and chatting regarding the phones he told me that he has been Nokia loyalist , and directly switching from Nokia to Android , he doesnt likes it. I though he is saying, Nokialystic - like its some new word, that nowadays generation might be using, so i asked him to get it confirmed what he actually said. And yes he is today's generation guy, who is not willing to shift from Nokia to Android and then to blackberry if he is forced to.

Also he told me that Google has its own software, and Nokia has it own. Nokia has win 8 aur simbian OS and also Andriod software runs on the separate hardware and the Nokia runs on separate hardware. This was really amazing to know. I am also using a smart phone now, but i am unaware of all these new words and new hardwares and their makeup inside.

The kids also have changed. I was at home and my brother's daughter who is just 4 years old and some days back it was her birthday, so her father bought her a think pad of lenovo. She is so much in love with that pad and keeps playing games and enjoys all the apps that are there in it. One day she told me that i need a particular game, so i just asked her, that which game she needs and how to get it. My question was that what is the link or name of the game so that i can get it from google. But what she told me that time, shook me. She told , " kya itna easy to hai chacha, download karo aur phir install karo, aur phir game khelo". Frankly speaking, the downloading of an app and installing i only heard all these words when i joined my first company and there i had created an app. Till then too my logic and my understanding for downloading and installing was not clear. But today's kids, due to cartoons and TV's have become smart like smart phones.

I really appreciate all the youngsters and kids, who know what information is and how to send the message and information in an appropriate way to all the concerned people.


1 comment:

  1. Dear Mr.Butani,
    Thanks for your compliments.I went throw your blog also and it is nice but I read only English as I cannot read our National Language Hindi.
    Love & Blessings from Gondavali Maharaj.

    ReplyDelete